Here is a collection of quotes from very successful individuals with learning disabilities. Look them over. The theme of perseverance and resiliency came through for me. It made me think however, about an individual's ecology and made me wonder if: is perseverance enough?
Albert Einstein: Physicist/Mathematician
- "It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."
- “Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater.”
- “Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.”
- "I was, on the whole, considerably discouraged by my school days. It was not pleasant to feel oneself so completely outclassed and left behind at the beginning of the race."
- “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.”
- “Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking your potential.”
- “Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.”
- “Great ideas originate in the muscles.”
- “I have not failed, I’ve just found 10,000 ways that don’t work.”
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
- “All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.”
- “All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.”
- “If you can dream it you can do it.”
- “Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.”
- “If a man does his best what else is there?”
- “Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.