- 1 out of 4 kids is Bullied. An American Justice Department school bullying statistics and cyber bullying statistics studies shows that this month 1 out of every 4 kids will be abused by another youth.
- School bullying statistics surveys show that 77% of students are bullied mentally, verbally, & physically. Cyber bullying statistic are rapidly approaching similar numbers.
- In a recent school bullying statistics study, 77% of the students said they had been bullied. And 14% of those who were bullied said they experienced severe (bad) reactions to the abuse. Many have tried to stop cyber bullying according to cyber bullying statistics.
- 1 out of 5 kids on a school bullying statistics and cyber bullying statistics study admit to being a bully, or doing some “Bullying.”
- Each day 160,000 students miss school for fear of being bullied.
- A school bullying statistics reveals that 43% fear harassment in the bathroom at school.
- 100,000 students carry a gun to school.
- 28% of youths who carry weapons have witnessed violence at home.
- A school bullying statistics and cyber bullying statistics poll of teens ages 12-17 proved that they think violence increased at their schools.
- The same school bullying statictics and cyber bullying statistics poll also showed that 282,000 students are physically attacked in secondary schools each month.
- More youth violence occurs on school grounds as opposed to on the way to school.
- Playground school bullying statistics - Every 7 minutes a child is bullied. Adult intervention - 4%. Peer intervention - 11%. No intervention - 85%.
Here are some alarming statistics about bullying:
RECENT SCHOOL BULLYING STATISTICS SHOW THAT:
Given these statistics, let's think about how some of the whole classroom behavior programs Terri described might support anti-bullying agendas.
Based on the case study of Carl, what do you see as being his problem behaviors? Do these behaviors serve a function in Carl's world?
Watch the following two videos and comment on the question..."How far have we come?"
Here is a collection of quotes from very successful individuals with learning disabilities. Look them over. The theme of perseverance and resiliency came through for me. It made me think however, about an individual's ecology and made me wonder if: is perseverance enough?
Albert Einstein: Physicist/Mathematician